Lennox first began providing public education in 1910 with only one school—a four room, wood-frame structure with 50 students. Since these modest beginnings, the Lennox School District has grown to its current size and configuration of more than 5,100 students attending a preschool, five elementary schools, and a middle school. The Lennox community is an unincorporated 1.3 sq. mile area of Metropolitan Los Angeles situated between the cities of Hawthorne, Inglewood and the Los Angeles International Airport. The Lennox Board of Trustees strongly encourages community involvement as an essential element of effective schools. Lennox teachers, administrators and staff are highly dedicated to the task of addressing the needs of the whole child—academically, socially, physically, and emotionally—so that every child can achieve.